Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure WLC

naguib.elsoussy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

i have 12 APs and 2 WLCs , i will configure that each 6 APs to connect to one WLC and the 2nd will be as seconbdary , and i'm going to create 4 WLANs

i want to broadcast the WLAN in the office (1 or two APs ) and to non-broadcast it in another area , how can i do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, this scheme works on autonomous.  However, with controller-based, it won't work.  You have but two choices:

1.  Create an extra SSID for the handheld devices to work.  This SSID is a non-broadcasting SSID;

2.  Leave this branch office as autonomous.

One more thing ... HANDHELD devices????  You sure?  Some handheld devices DO NOT LIKE non-broadcasting SSID.

Make sure you turn OFF "Aironet IE" .

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i want to broadcast the WLAN in the office (1 or two APs ) and to non-broadcast it in another area , how can i do this?

Configure AP Groups.

AP group will select which WLAN is assigned to which AP , but the option ins the WLAN itself is either broadcast it or non-broadcast it.

Sorry.  I didn't read the last bit.

Ok, then create a second non-broadcasting SSID.

i need them to have the same name , so the handheld devices connects  back when it goes to office again , actually we used to do this through atonomous APs , but right now the company policy states that we'll use controllers and i wanna know if this can be acheived as well.

Well, this scheme works on autonomous.  However, with controller-based, it won't work.  You have but two choices:

1.  Create an extra SSID for the handheld devices to work.  This SSID is a non-broadcasting SSID;

2.  Leave this branch office as autonomous.

One more thing ... HANDHELD devices????  You sure?  Some handheld devices DO NOT LIKE non-broadcasting SSID.

Make sure you turn OFF "Aironet IE" .

well , so i think i'll do that , leave the once which i need it broadcasting as atonomous , yes we're using handeld devices to do the barcode scanning and yes it can be linked to non-broadcatsing SSIDs.

thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card