cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert EWC?? (transfer command failed (Error 143))

tftp_143.png

I want to convert 9115 LAP to EWC.

But I am getting error 143 while uploading the TFTP image.

Cables are no problem.

I tried versions 17.08.01 , 17.03.04c , 16.12.07 .

What the hell is the problem?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Or try to use another TFTP server, some of them used to close the connection after some short time.

View solution in original post

- Indeed  , sometimes you then need to increase tftp timeout on the tftp server (if available)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I used 3cdaemon as my TFTP server.

I have successfully uploaded the image using tftpd64.

These issues occur with the 9115.

On the 9130 it was not a problem.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt44832

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

flash.png

There seems to be enough flash space.

C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin
214 MB

Used Available

457.8M

- Check the tftp server's logs after the failed transfer , or if available on the command line -> use another transfer protocol such as ftp or scp.

M.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Or try to use another TFTP server, some of them used to close the connection after some short time.

- Indeed  , sometimes you then need to increase tftp timeout on the tftp server (if available)

M.

I used 3cdaemon as my TFTP server.

I have successfully uploaded the image using tftpd64.

These issues occur with the 9115.

On the 9130 it was not a problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card