cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to increase radio output on specific AP via 9800-CL?

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to increase the radio output/strength for an AP. Is there a KB on how to do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once you go to "Configuration -> Wireless -> Access Points" you can select given AP and specific configuration option (Radio specific ) as shown below. More specifically select "Custom" Tx Power Assignment method and select the appropriate Tx power level (1 mean max and each other level is 3dB less from the previous level)

9800-AP-Config.PNG

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Once you go to "Configuration -> Wireless -> Access Points" you can select given AP and specific configuration option (Radio specific ) as shown below. More specifically select "Custom" Tx Power Assignment method and select the appropriate Tx power level (1 mean max and each other level is 3dB less from the previous level)

9800-AP-Config.PNG

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

'1 mean max' do you mean 1 means lowest output? Thanks.

1 is max for all Cisco wireless
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

How accurate is the decibel reading after the power level? When I set the power level to 1, 5 GHz shows 18 dBm 2.4 shows 1 dBm. When I set it to 7 on 5Ghz reads 1 dBm and setting 8 on 2.4 GHz WLC shows 22 dBm.

Different aps have different output depending on country code and so model.
-Scott

You can see how the tx power maps to a dBm level by using the following commands:

show advanced 802.11a txpower
show advanced 802.11b txpower

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: