Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manage Wireless around 40 Unit?

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Now i plan to order Wireless Cisco model :  AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 around 40 unit but i don't know to manage all AP becuase it has alot of AP,

could you recommand me which model of cisco that can manage like this?

Best Regards,

Rechard

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

If you are looking to manage all the APs you should consider looking at a WLC (Wireless LAN Controller). Have you looked into the controller based solution ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Now i plan to order Wireless Cisco model :  AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 around 40

Why do you prefer 1240?  What are you trying to achieve.

To manage around 40 APs, get the WLC5508 with 100 AP license.

Dear Leolaohoo and All,

Thanks you for your command

i have big building and have 7 floor, so i need to you AP around 40 unit, or which one is better than

AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 please let me know.

any way for WLC 5508 is wireless controller but i'm not sure it what it can do and it can manage, pleaes help to command me .

Best Regards,

Rechard

With wireless controller you have centralized control of all your APs and many other wonderful things, but it's all in datasheet here.

In this case I would recommend AIR-LAP1141N-x-K9 which works on N standard, it has internal antennas and so on...

If you would need help with Configuration Guides just let us know...

P.S.

Hope this helps...

Hello,

In this case you can consider buying 50-users controller bundle AIR-CT5508-50-K9 which is much more cheaper.

Of course in this case you have to use lightweight AP like AIR-LAP1242AG-x-K9 or similar, but like leolaohoo said first of all you have to be clear what you're trying to achieve.

Dear Madzid and All,

thank you for your command.

ok, i decide to order  AIR-CT5508-50-K9, any way should i order Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) ? or cisco CleanAir? or  i just to order  AIR-CT5508-50-K9 it ok for me?

Best Regards,

Rechard

Hello,

When you purchase a Cisco wireless solution you have a few items you need to look at:

1) WLC -- And you choose the 5508 model with 50 ap license

2) WCS is being phased out. You will want to purchase NCS. NCS is replacing WCS.

3) Access points ... If you want clean air then you would want to look at model ap 3500.

Does this help ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

just to order  AIR-CT5508-50-K9 it ok for me?

Will you see your AP to go higher than 50?  If yes, then get a 5508 with 100 AP license.

You will want WCS/Prime NCS if you want to generate reports.  If not then no need.  If you do, do NOT consider WCS.  Look for Cisc Prime NCS.

Regarding WAPs, my question is what are you trying to achieve.  Where do you plan to deploy the AP?  Do you want 802.11n or not?

Dear all,

Thanks you for your help !

if i have any problem i will post to ask all of you again.

i rate to you already.

Best Regards,

Rechard

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card