Views
Helpful
Replies

How to modify configuration of some AP's to disable 2.4GHz radio

richard.knight1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a single 2500 WLAN controller that has all our of AP's connected to it. We have 36 AP's in total. We have updated some of our clients to support 5GHz and I need to disable the 2.4Ghz radio on 15 of the AP's (as well as disable the low data rates).

Can someone tell me how to do this (preferably with the GUI).

I am new to wireless/cisco so your patience would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron O'Hare
Level 1
Level 1

What version is your 2500 running?

This applies to version 7.x and above:

Go to Wireless > Expand Access Points > Expand Radios > Click on 802.11b/g/n > Mouse Over blue drop down arrow > Click Configure > Change Admin Status to Disable > Click Apply

This is not the quickest method but for somebody new to Cisco wireless it is probably the easiest.

-AO

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron O'Hare
Level 1
Level 1

What version is your 2500 running?

This applies to version 7.x and above:

Go to Wireless > Expand Access Points > Expand Radios > Click on 802.11b/g/n > Mouse Over blue drop down arrow > Click Configure > Change Admin Status to Disable > Click Apply

This is not the quickest method but for somebody new to Cisco wireless it is probably the easiest.

-AO

Thanks for the quick response.

It is running 7.6.130.0.

Thanks for the suggestion. So when I go to that setting, it just switches off the 2/4ghz for that single access point and leaves the 5ghz running? Sorry for the stupid questions!

Correct, it only shuts the 2.4 radio off on only that single AP.  5 GHz stays functional.

Thanks everyone for your help. All clients are now connecting using the A radio.

Rich

Correct. Only 2.4 since you chose the interface for the 2.4 for the physical AP.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card