Views
Helpful
Replies

How to move APs to other controller

sand-max83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys! I have next question.

I need to replace virtual WLC. There are APs about 40 pcs and ones cannected to vWCL vers. 7.

I'd like install new vWCL version 8 and move all APs to new controller. But I faced with next issue AP does not connect to new controler.

Problem: %CAPWAP-1-SSC_CERT_AUTH_FAILED: Failed to authorize controller, SSC certificate validation failed

But it's really problematic , need to connect to each AP and reset config.

Maybe someone know other way? 

17 Replies 17

Why not use 8.3 code which is not deferred like 8.1.  I would not waste time trying to get 8.1 to work to be honest. You can look at the matrix to see what code is supported for your AP’s which would be the limiting factor.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-454388

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Output shows AP getting an IP address but it looks like DHCP Option 43 is not enabled, thus the AP is unable to "find" the controller.

AP find controller without problem. There is trouble with certificate (AP has hash key of old conroller). When I reset AP to default?, one is connected to controller. But I'm looking for other way. I wrote about that  above.

Maybe is possible replace(move) hash key from old controller to new one?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card