cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update Cisco Aironet access point firmware?

mmzzaq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to update my Aironet access point firmware and need some help. I'll try to give as many as relevant info as I can: 
- 2x AIR-AP1815I-E-K9 Access Points 
- No separate controller and one of the Access Points is acting as controller (depending on which one comes up first) 
- Current firmware version: 8.4.100.0 

Question 1: When I go to the Cisco site to download firmware I have to chose between 'Cisco Mobility Express' and 'Lightweight AP Software'. Which one do I chose in my scenario? It's this site: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286306794/type
Question 2: I'm attempting to update through the controller web interface (see attached screenshot). Am I correct to assume that updating from here fully updates the access point? Or does it only update the controller software?
image.png

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will only update the AP with mobility express ; client APs will download new software from the AP running Mobility Express controller software ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will only update the AP with mobility express ; client APs will download new software from the AP running Mobility Express controller software ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ah that's good to know. Thank you very much for your help.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Question 2: I'm attempting to update through the controller web interface

what WLC controller  ? 

check the upgrade process of WLC and AP :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/68835-wlc-upgrade.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card