cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use DNAC Wireless Profiles

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

What are the advantages of using DNAC RF profiles for your wireless access points over continuing to all the wireless controller to.

7 Replies 7

So, if you are not using SD-Access not need to use the RF/AI profiles on DNAC and continue to use the WLC to mange the access points?  Currently, I am just using DNAC for Assurance.

Your deployment is Fabric wireless  or OTT deployment ? 

DNAC most use cases, MAP and Assurance (using telemetry ) and DNA spaces if you have one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WLC 5520 HA running 8.10.190 with Flex-Connect to remote sites with AP's that are a mix of 9130's 3702i, and internal 1815's in the Cisco ISR 1100 series routers

WLC joined to DNAC 2.3.5.5. No fabric deployed anywhere at this time.  Just moving AP's and sites of Prime for now but wanted to take advantage of features that DNAC can provide at this time

If this is OTT deployment you can only take advantages as mentioned above post. (like you replacing the Prime with DNAC)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I'm not a fan of using DNA-C to push configurations to APs, as it uses an approach where it creates a new profile for every site (I'm using the approach to create only a Flex profile for every site and reusing the rest of them), and additionally it creates profiles with weird names for all of them and then it's more complicated to read the plain text config and understand what is failing, if needed.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your WLCs are only in DNAC for assurance then DNAC then the WLC profiles are where its configured. There is about to be the ability to use the AI RRM profiles for non DNAC managed WLCs if thats what your talking about.
Someone who is managing WLCs in DNAC for automation (non-SDA) I would suggest not approaching a brownfield migration and a redesign to ensure that the configs you want/need are supported via DNAC without needing CLI templates

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card