cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't join a controller in an EWC environment in catalyst9105AXI-Q

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

We set up the controller in the catalyst9105AXI-Q in the EWC so that the catalyst9105AXI-Q can join as 20 child machines.

About three of them will not appear on the Shopify admin.

The controller says "The DTLS handshake has expired."

The log on the slave side contains the message "DTLS Teardown".

For the slave unit, PING is skipped and you can connect by SSH. However, PING does not fly from the slave to the controller.

The firmware is 17.6.5.22.

What is the reason why I can't join in the event, although it seems to be a hard issue?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may have a too high link latency between the APs and the controller, for CAPWAP less then 300ms is needed ; for ping you should be able to ping the EWC from the subnet the APs are in, otherwise you have a basic connectivity problem for the APs when trying to connect to the EWC

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your reply.

When I noticed, I was able to participate.

Apparently, another AP became a controller and was able to participate in the log.

After that, you can connect to the original controller and it seems that you are able to participate normally.

I was probably getting a response, but now I can communicate by changing to another controller.

It seems that you can now communicate normally by keeping it in the state that you were able to participate even if you return to the original controller.

I don't know the exact cause, so it's a bit cloudy, but I'll just wait and see.

Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card