cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i want to disable all wlans that are not listed in our wlc fully block pls give me guidence on wlc

chetankumar1542
Level 1
Level 1
18 Replies 18

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don't understand.

i want to block all the SSID ,hotspot's that are broadcasting in my premisis without my knowledge , i only allow to broadcast those ssid which i made in our WLC WLAN section.

i want to block all the ssid and hotspots that are broadcast without my knowledge like personal mobile ,laptop hotspot's and i want to allow only those ssid that i made in our WLC WLAN section.

i have MSE too so if it will help me then kindly suggest

@chetankumar1542 wrote:
i want to block all the SSID ,hotspot's that are broadcasting in my premisis without my knowledge 

That means you need to ensure that the rogue APs are in your premises.

yes actually i saw too many ssid broadcast in my premises that i don't want except mine due to security reasons so kindly suggest how to apply that through WLC

yes i saw too many ssids in my premises so kindly suggest to block all.

i want to block all the ssid and hotspots that are broadcast without my knowledge like personal mobile ,laptop hotspot's and i want to allow only those ssid that i made in our WLC WLAN section.

pieterh
VIP
VIP

do you refer to blocking rogue access points? (access points that are out of your control)

the WLC has an option for rogue access point containment.

be aware!!!  there may be legal issues when doing this on the wireless network

you cannot block wlans that your neighbor company uses !!!

of course you have more rights to block rogue access points to connect to you wired network

(you may block those lan ports)

i want to block all the SSID ,hotspot's that are broadcasting in my premisis without my knowledge , i only allow to bradcast those ssid which i made in our wlc WLAN section.

i want to block all the ssid and hotspots that are broadcast without my knowledge in my premises like personal mobile ,laptop hotspot's and i want to allow only those ssid that i made in our WLC WLAN section.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I think you want to block rogue access points.
If yes, have a look at this document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/112045-handling-rogue-cuwn-00.html

i want to block all the ssid and hotspots that are broadcast without my knowledge in my premises like personal mobile ,laptop hotspot's and i want to allow only those ssid that i made in our WLC WLAN section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: