cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify traffic flow on wlan anchor networks?

roberto.tyf
Level 1
Level 1

We have implemented an anchor mobility on all of the sites, with the same subnet. I just wanted to know if there is someway (or something need to do), to identify from which site the traffic comes, as on the routers netflow I just see traffic from the access pontntt to the WLC. we are using Stealwatch to observe the flows, and we are using 9800 WLC

4 Replies 4

You used the same vlan but you used different IP address, right? Why dont you use the IP address?

korey_oehlers
Level 1
Level 1

From the anchor WLC if you look at your clients, you should be able to see which controller they come from.  If you have a controller per site, and aren't using flex connect you should be able to get the site that way.  I don't know how it will show in netflow though, or at which point you're getting your netflow.

Sure, I know that from the controller I can look for the clients, the purpose of my question is to look the flows on the Stealwatch, on past dates, All the networks devices are pointing to the Stealwatch as a flow collector, and thats where we look for the flows

korey_oehlers
Level 1
Level 1

Your controllers besides the anchor are sending netflow to Stealthwatch?  Can you view the flow for that controller, and does it show the traffic?

I don't have Stealthwatch, and I'm not using netflow right now so sorry I'm probably no help.  Just figured I'd try.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card