cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Infrastructure access point unreachable for management, but is passing traffic.

rmundy
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 aironet 1310 aps setup as infrastructure access points between 2 buildings.  One went south on us & we placed it.  Before the bad one went down, we were able to manage both remotely & could see them from the next device via CDP.  Now, we can't connect or even ping either AP.  And the weird part is that the switches that connected to each can see each other via CDP, but not the access points between them.  I'm attaching the configuration.  Before I make the 2.5 hour drive back to the site, does anyone have an idea on what I may have misconfigured on either or both access points?

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you passing data across the bridge ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Sorry for not replying earlier. Yes they are.  Like I said before, it's weird.  We can see each switch sees the other via CDP but not the bridges in between them.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Ronald,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by George is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card