cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Third Party SSL Certificates for webadmin wlc ver 8.3.150

cperez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am have a HA SSO scenario for two controller version 8.3.150, i Generate a CSR using the WLC itself to generate the CSR (Available after 8.3.102), according to WLC HA SSO deployment guide and due to certificates are not replicated from primary to secondary controller in a HA SSO scenario, can install two certificates single for each controller?.
Does this practice generate some kind of problem?

Thank.

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normally it will not create any issue. 

As per my experience I would recommend to generate CSR with OpenSSL and then signed it with your Enterprise CA or Thirdd party CA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/109597-csr-chained-certificates-wlc-00.html#anc8

Regards

Don't forget to arte helpful posts

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

Like Sandeep said, I'll always use OpenSSL to generate CSR. I'd a bad experience using Controller to create CSR and it didn't worked at all.

Once you get the CSR signed with your CA and get the required cert, the process is simple. 

Install the cert on your primary -- redundancy force-switchover -- install the cert on your new primary (original HA) -- redundancy force-switchover.

Make sure the WLCs in Sync before issues switchover command.

CJ

/**Please rate all useful responses**/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card