cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-WLC-L3/Inter-Subnet mobility/roaming?

Trilok Kataria
Level 5
Level 5

Just wondering if switching between SSID's (on different subnets/Vlans) in a foreign/anchor setup can be an example of Inter-WLC-L3/Inter-Subnet mobility/roaming?

To my understanding the mobility is only referred when clients roam on the same SSID in other words roaming helps client/s to maintain their session while associated to the same SSID.

Any suggestion/thoughts will be highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, Roaming is referring to a client move AP to AP while remain connecting to the same SSID.

If client move to a different SSID, then it is not a roam. It result client to disassociate from current SSID and associate to new SSID

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, Roaming is referring to a client move AP to AP while remain connecting to the same SSID.

If client move to a different SSID, then it is not a roam. It result client to disassociate from current SSID and associate to new SSID

HTH

Rasika

Thanks a lot Rasika :)

I totally agree on what you said and glad to know that my understanding is right here but somehow Cisco TAC team lead doesn't agree on that.

They try to relate it to a roaming/mobility bug.

I totally agree on what you said and glad to know that my understanding is right here but somehow Cisco TAC team lead doesn't agree on that.They try to relate it to a roaming/mobility bug.

Don't believe TAC is always right, sometime they doesn't look at things broadly & with their narrow view come into wrong conclusions.

I always challenge them with this sort of things.

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card