cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface (dynamic interface, management interface and AP manager) rules of thumbs of assignment

Totardo Tobing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can you please give me enlightment. I have this conclusion:

In WLC there are static and dynamic interface right?

Static are (Virtual Interface, Management Interface and AP manager)

and dynamic are (dynamic interface for Wireless VLAN and dynamic AP manager)

Is it my definition correct?

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are correct sir.

Dynamic, think of WLANs and other interfaces YOU will create to "bridge" wired to wireless and wireless to wired traffic.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thank you George for explainning that. But I still need explanation.

Based on your saying. Can I say that Dynamic interface for Wireless VLAN on the WLC is used by WLC to differentiate/examine the wireless clients traffic belong to what VLAN?

Yes, you can say that. You can also use the static interface as well, just because its static it will not prevent you from bridging the traffic. Also, you can delete dynamic interfaces you can not delete static interfaces.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

What you mean "You can alse use the static interface as well" sir?

Do you mean I can use management interface or AP Manager interface for a WLAN?

Please correct me sir.

Yes, you can use the managment interface and dump your clints on it, its not reecommended. but yes, you can ..

The AP manger is where your access point tunnels terminate (CAPWAP).

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card