cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone user problems with WiFi

amitesh.pandey1
Level 1
Level 1

One of user is facing problems with the WiFi connectivity. There is a SSID which the user can only connect to if it the mobile-data is kept off. User is not able to connect to that SSID when mobile data is on. Kindly help me with the initial troubleshooting from my end. 

Is this a problem with iOS or something wrong in configuration of the SSID 

SSID Setting

- Security PSK -WPA-AES

DTIM- 1 for both a/n and b/g/n.

QoS- Gold

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a device problem. Have you tried to replicate this issue on another device ? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George, 

thanks for your reply. 

The issue has now increased to around 15 device which was around only 2 previously. I will just broef the problem again.

All the devices are iOS(apple) devices. We have a separate ssid for  iOS devices. All the devices are using the same carrier having LTE bands. When the user is having its mobile data ON its not allowing it to connect automatically to saved the SSID and hence they are unknowingly using their Mobile when. 

So I just want to understand what is the issue from WLC end. Whether it is the higher Data rates that is causing the issue something else needs to be looked at.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card