cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any CCI and ACI there

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Please see the below screenshot, which is wifi signal scanning. Are there any interference? Can we say there is CCI at the left side where big peak from RF 35 to 50 cover three small peaks. 

and there are ACI at channel between 120 - 124 where two peaks has overlap. 

Thank you

1.PNG

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To me that looks like the sidekick or the spectrum card is not connected, it is only showing WIFI detected energy.

Each of the lines indicate a different wireless AP and the width is showing the channel width.

There is defiantly a lot of CCI and a bit of ACI from the looks of it.

I would take a look at https://support.ekahau.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005148747-On-Spot-Troubleshooting-with-RTFM-the-Real-Time-Frequency-Monitor 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Not all the Spectral Mask from the OFDM transmission is used to transmit. In your case, from 40MHz channel width, only 33.75MHz contain valid tones (data) and the rest is background noise due to the modulation technique in use.

That noise you see for every channel is far below the minimum "I don't care" threshold that 802.11 standard stablish so it is not affecting transmission nor creating interference for modern chipsets.

So answering your question, no this is not CCI nor ACI and it is not creating un-needed contention in transmissions.

You can find some help herehere on pages 9-10, and here on pages 11-12.

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you JPavonM for your explanation and link. I think you are right on ACI

Regarding CCI on this diagram, from diagram frequency 32 - 52, which looks like  20 MHz width signal covers at least two smaller signals at 40 and 48, can we think CCI happens on this band? and also RF 146 - 165

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card