cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue involving Apple screen mirroring

A_Marquez
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier this week one of our classrooms started to have some strange wireless issues that I've only seemed to replicate in this one classroom. When the teacher of the affected classroom tries to screen mirror to the Apple TV in their classroom they lose connectivity completely. I'll run a ping test on both their iPad and Apple TV and both just drop connection until the screen mirroring is stopped. However, if we use the iPad without screen mirroring it works fine. 

The teacher has an AIR-AP3802I-B-K9 set up in the middle of their room. We use two different wireless networks, one for the iPad and another for the Apple TV. The AP is configured the same as any other AP in that building. When I took the Apple TV to a different room the screen mirroring worked fine, it only seems to be this one room that was affected. 

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I could check next before we try replacing the AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A_Marquez
Level 1
Level 1

We ended up replacing the AP in the room that was having the issue but could still replicate the issue regardless of what AP the iPad was connected to or what Apple TV it was screen mirroring. We had already tried resetting the AP and the Apple TV but the issue wasn't resolved until after we had reset the affected iPad...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Why not swap aps from one that works in a different room? That way you can start eliminating some more variables.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the controller running on?

A_Marquez
Level 1
Level 1

We ended up replacing the AP in the room that was having the issue but could still replicate the issue regardless of what AP the iPad was connected to or what Apple TV it was screen mirroring. We had already tried resetting the AP and the Apple TV but the issue wasn't resolved until after we had reset the affected iPad...

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Wondering if your IPAD and AppleTV are joined to different AP's AND those AP's not being part of the same AP Group due to misconfiguration.

Both APs are in the same AP group though I don't think that would've caused an issue even if they weren't. The WLANs for the Apple TV network and the iPads are set on the same interfaces throughout the district. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card