Helpful
Replies

Issues about WLC5520 3rd Party portal frequently repeats authenticatio

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello 
I'm in a rather strange situation right now
Control is WLC5520, software version 8.2 is a very old version.
At present, the third-party portal SMS authentication is done, the current use is normal. But often there is a problem, it will suddenly jump to authentication page again, by itself inexplicably. The authentication server has enabled MAC address recognition without perception. After the first certification, the certification will not be required within 24 hours.
In fact, although it jumps to the authentication page, but the wireless service can work normally. Even if you click SMS authentication again, it will immediately remind you that the authentication has been successful.
Have you experts ever experienced this? 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Since the software version is so old , you should always consider upgrading : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html , if that is not possible consider that as being a showstopper for resolving your problem , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card