cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Just upgraded 1200 wireless AP & ACU now not associating correctly?

srokusek
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently in the process of upgrading 27+ wireless access points to the IOS based interface. Everything seems to be going smootly, except in the Aironet Client Utility, at the bottom of the window where it says what AP I am currently associated with, it says "Your 340 Series is Associated to *No Name Specified*". The AP name does show up when I go into the AP setup, and I am able to connect to it using that name, but for some reason it won't show up in this utility any longer.

Everything else seems to work properly & I like the new interface, but I don't want to continue on with the rest of the AP upgrades until this issue is resolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sonia

5 Replies 5

melisei
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried a newer firmware for your 340 client card?

ME

Never thought of that. I will try it! Thanks!

That was a really good idea & I thought it would work, but i just got done & it didn't change anything. I telnet'd to the WAP & it does show the hostname? Any other ideas?

Thanks-

Sonia

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

Hostname is not broadcast as part of the standard 802.11whatever protocol; you need to enable the custom Cisco Aironet protocol extensions to get hostname info.

If you're using the web GUI, it's under Network Interfaces: Radio: Settings as "Aironet Extensions".

THAT WORKED GREAT! Thank you SO much! It hought I looked through all those setting, but eveidently I missed that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card