Views
Helpful
Replies

Large Deployment and Flex connect

billydailey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are starting to ramp up a large deployment of 9166 APs with the 9800 WLC.  While in the lab, we came up with the attached document for provisioning an AP for flex connect.  It is very time consuming obviously.  Is there another process for deploying large numbers of WAPs with the 9800s to be more efficient?

Also, is it normal for it to take the 9166s a long time to join the controller?  We recently connected 17 all at once and it took almost 16 hours for them all to finally join the controller.

15 Replies 15

@Kasper Roholt wrote:
Would be nice with some doc to clear this out ... Now just confused on a higher level

Documentation is the least of my worry right now. 

Quality control (or the lack of) or quality assurance (or the lack of) of the software that gets regularly churned is currently my biggest thing that wakes me up at night screaming.

Allow me to share some bugs that keep me up all night: 

• CSCwi83124 (`nuff said.)
  • CSCwj08744 ("show running-config full | format" crashes the router.  What can I say?)
  • CSCwi41337, CSCwj01239 (Tell me again why a licensing process is capable of crashing my router, switch, WLC?)
  • CSCwk09139 (Tell me again how it is easily possible for a router to crash just bouncing the port?)
  • CSCwj33979 (Let me get this straight, if I have more than 2800 APs joined to a 9800-80, it will take more than 6 minutes to completely generate the output of the simple command of "sh ap summary", however, if I ran the same command on an older 8540 I do not have the same problem.)
  • CSCwj48209 (A Cisco router may crash if CDP is enabled.  Da fuq?)
  • CSCuq46932 (A Cisco router may crash if it's acting as a DHCP server.  Wut?)
  • CSCwi46941 (A switch may lose the VLAN database after two consecutive "reloads".   F*ck!)
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card