Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Last reboot reason: Operator changed 11g mode

remysyaku
Beginner
Beginner

We have some AP keep on disassociating. All together we have 21 APs in the building but only this 7 APs keep on disassociating in every hours.

Below is the log i grab from our 5508 controller.

Last reset reason: operator changed 11g mode

Our controller code is 7.0.116.

21 REPLIES 21

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame Guru Hall of Fame Guru
Hall of Fame Guru

The only time I see that is when I'm making changes to the radio. I don't think you are doing this though. When you say disassociating, you see this in the ap itself correct. On the wlc when you view your AP's... Wireless tab and click on an ap, do you see the that the ap has a high uptime and the join time is low? Do you have another wlc that the AP's are joining?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I didnt make any changes at the radio when i saw the log is reporting that issues. The strange thing is i can see the uptime is high but the join time is low. Keep on disjoin every hours. What might cause this problem? Upgrading the code will eliminate the issues? Currently we only have 1 wlc.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Is this a new install or do it just start happening?

Well you are on 7.0.116.0 which isn't a bad code. If you wanted to upgrade, you should use 7.0.220.0 which I have been using lately. You are sure that you only have this problem with specific AP's and only those 7? If downtime isn't an issue, then maybe upgrading to 7.0.220.0 might fix it.

I would also monitor the ports on the switch. If you see errors, it might be due to cabling. You can always swap a good ap in the problematic ap cable drop to see if the good ap has issues. If so, then you know it's a cable or patch cable issue.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This is just happen within this few days.

For now we cannot upgrade due to our other AP is already on production. Yes. Only the specific AP got this issues.

Ok. I will try to swap the good ap to the problem ap and see what will be the result.

Thanks. Will be back once i tested all this.

If there is other solution for it, please post.