Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS version 3.1 Need to add WLC AP sso and APS

Hi

In production Network two 5508 with AP sso is working there more than 100 APS .

In Need to add these WLC 5508 and APS and Maps.

How to add these APS and WLC

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Syed,

As per my knowledge: Cisco  LMS is not the wireless infrastructure management software, like Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

I think LMS is for wired network so if you add a WLC it will not show the registered AP's or their details.

so I would recommend to join the WLC to Prime infrastructure (If you have it!!)

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Ok.

If you add a  WLC in prime then all AP which are connected to that WLC will also show in prime infrastructure automatically , means you dont need to add the APs manually in prime Infra.

Here is the link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/122366/adding-controllers-prime-infrastructure

Question about reports for Floors for signal strength: 

Yes, if you are inserting the correct map with correct dimensions then you can do it.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Syed,

As per my knowledge: Cisco  LMS is not the wireless infrastructure management software, like Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

I think LMS is for wired network so if you add a WLC it will not show the registered AP's or their details.

so I would recommend to join the WLC to Prime infrastructure (If you have it!!)

Regards

Thanks Sandeep,

Yes it is Prime infrastructure(version 3.1) when we add the WLC 5508 no need to APS

or

we need to add APs manually .

Can you  please provide  the documents for Prime Infrastructure for adding WLCS and APS.

one question.

if we upload the Maps for floors in Prime infrastructure we can generate the reports for Floors for signal strength 

Ok.

If you add a  WLC in prime then all AP which are connected to that WLC will also show in prime infrastructure automatically , means you dont need to add the APs manually in prime Infra.

Here is the link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/122366/adding-controllers-prime-infrastructure

Question about reports for Floors for signal strength: 

Yes, if you are inserting the correct map with correct dimensions then you can do it.

Regards

Thanks Sandeep

Hi

one question

In AP SSO they are two controllers so we are using one IP for both Controller

In Prime Infrastructure i will add one IP for Both Controller

And no need for CSV or RAR File

Please  correct me if am wrong

Hi Syed,

You need to add both the controllers in Cisco Prime using their individual Management IP Address.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card