cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Account Error: Upon entering the created credential, error occur

mfortaliza
Level 1
Level 1

Activity: Creation of a lobby account for the lobby admin.

Action Taken: We already created the lobby account; however, upon testing and trying to access it via that created account, we were directed to the error page, and upon searching online for a similar issue, we saw that there is actually a BUG on the said 9800 model with the 17.9 version that is running on the WLC.

Question 1: Would it be safe if we upgraded the version of the C9800-L-C-K9 - WLC 9800 from 17.9 to 17.12? Which was the resolution at the Cisco Community posts upon checking. Here is the source: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/lobby-ambassador-can-t-log-in/td-p/4953907/page/2

Question 2: Would it be possible if you can provide also steps upon upgrading through GUI based?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Question 1: Would it be safe if we upgraded the version of the C9800-L-C-K9 - WLC 9800 from 17.9 to 17.12?
                        Yes

Added : check if all AP models remain compatible with the new Release from (no problems expected)  : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

>...Question 2: Would it be possible if you can provide also steps upon upgrading through GUI based?
       Using the CLI is always preferred because it gives you a 'console view' and always better to get extra info's about errors if any. As far as steps: always read the Release Notes first before installing a release , look for notes and instructions concerning upgrading too. Also  check if there are dependencies on previous versions and or if there is a specific upgrade path needed.

Before and after upgrading , checkout the controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
                          Check if you notice any differences from WirelessAnalyzer (too)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Question 1: Would it be safe if we upgraded the version of the C9800-L-C-K9 - WLC 9800 from 17.9 to 17.12?
                        Yes

Added : check if all AP models remain compatible with the new Release from (no problems expected)  : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

>...Question 2: Would it be possible if you can provide also steps upon upgrading through GUI based?
       Using the CLI is always preferred because it gives you a 'console view' and always better to get extra info's about errors if any. As far as steps: always read the Release Notes first before installing a release , look for notes and instructions concerning upgrading too. Also  check if there are dependencies on previous versions and or if there is a specific upgrade path needed.

Before and after upgrading , checkout the controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
                          Check if you notice any differences from WirelessAnalyzer (too)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

May I know why the WLC 9800 with the mentioned current version generates an error with regards in entering the created lobby account?  

- Because of a bug as mentioned in the bug report , hence the need to upgrade ,

M.

Thanks for answering. One more question, if you wouldn't mind, will there be any issues or technical problems with the existing and running C9130AXI-A Aironet Access Points with respect to upgrading the WLC 9800 from 17.9 to 17.12.3? I am wondering if there are any policies that would be affected by the activity, and the AP will somewhat lose connection.

- There will be no issues ,

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card