Views
Helpful
Replies

local users on controller

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Our wireless controller needs to be setup in below requirements:-

1. 5 local users with username and password who will be accessing the same ssid, how do we achieve and test this?

2. there is some Local Net users option under Security tab, however i am not certain how does it work, please suggest

3. is there any other way where these 5 local users will receive a web page when they try to access the wireless and will be prompted for authentication?

how will this web page ( if possible ) pop up to users , what is the mechanism involved?

thanks in advance for everyone's input!

18 Replies 18

Thanks again Scott. I need to try this again, however while browsing i came across some articles which state the timeout , that users need to re-login again, will not really work in web authentication sort.

Is that something which is true here.

Another question,can the web auth and layer 2 encryption go hand in hand. i.e web auth users can go without encryption , but users with layer2 psk will have AES.

It's does work for WebAuth and for your other WLANs. You have to understand that the session timeout is the length of time the device is allowed on before a re-authentication is forced. The idle timeout is a global value for how long the decode will be kept by the WLC when the device is idle. The value I use is 28800 (session timeout) for WebAuth and 14400 (idle timeout).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

To answer your other question... No. You can't make an SSID allow two desperate types of authentication. You can create two WLANs with the same SSID and have one as WPA2-AES and the other WebAuth if you want.

-Scott

Sorry... You would have to create another WLAN with a different profile name but can be the same SSID as long as you have a different layer 2 encryption method which you are trying to do.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card