Views
Helpful
Replies

Login issues - AWS 9800-CL Cloud Wireless Controller

Steve19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm deploying the Catalyst 9800-CL Cloud Wireless Controller in AWS using the CloudFormation template.

After deployment I'm unable to login into the GUI interface using the username/password I specified in the template screens or SSH using the keypair.

I see a bootstrap property is created on the EC2 instance in the format;

ios-config-1001="username admin privilege 15 secret ciscoxyz"

On a Cisco documentation page its presented slightly differently so I've tried this as well;

ios-config-1="username cisco priv 15 pass ciscoxyz"

With SSH I'm using this command with the relevant IP/pem file location, which prompts for the password which doesn't work.

ssh -i path_to_pem_file admin@[public-ip|DNS name]

What am I doing wrong?!

Cheers

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know if many have deployed or currently have an AWS instance, but for now, open a TAC case, so you are not waiting too long to get your system running.

Have you looked at some videos on the AWS setup?  Search "cisco 9800-CL AWS configuration", I did see a few videos on that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hey Scott,

I've not seen any videos just the walk through documentation Cisco provided so I'll have a search for that.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_catalyst_9800_wireless_controller_aws.html

Like you say I'll get a TAC case raised as well to speed up finding the resolution.

Cheers

Steve

TAC would be better for this, you can also open a ticket with AWS, but you might get bounced back and fourth.  It might be good to open a ticket with AWS also so you have both sides covered.  Maybe the documentation needs to be updated, but I would think that AWS would have a guide also since its on their market place.

-Scott

Steve19
Level 1
Level 1

All sorted now thanks, managed to manually create an account via console access in AWS.

Unsure why it didn't create as part of the deployment process, maybe a bug somewhere.

So is the issue on the AWS side?  

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card