Helpful
Replies

Loss of sync between 5508 and WCS

Michael Sales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Have an interesting problem.

Just installed WCS server in a virtual environment. Current 4404 was standalone and working for 2+ years with dynamic interfaces. Everything working

fine. Added a new 5508 this week. Added both 4404 and 5508 to new WCS and sync was successful.

Started to mirror the dynamic interfaces on the 5508 with the 4404 with the intention to replace the 4404.

Adding to same subnet with next open IP Addresses on range. Here is where the problem occurs.

As soon as I add the dynamic interface for our High School data vlan to the 5508, Sync is lost between the 5508 and WCS.

Currently, WCS is on a seperate vlan subnet as the 2 controllers. I've set this design up in the past for other school districts and

controllers and WCS have always sync accross seperate subnets.

The code on all the controllers is up to 7.0 as well as WCS.

Checked the VLAN settings on our 6513 for the Port-channel and everything is working correctly with the same Native Trunk vlan settings

as the 4404 Port-channel setup.

Basic IP connectivity works perfect. I can ping the 5508 controller and WCS.

I can also access the controller via HTTPS, and SSH.

Sync only dies when I add this specific dynamic interface on this specific vlan ID

Any Ideas ?

1 Reply 1

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say sync do you mean that the 5508 shows as unreachable on WCS?

What is the full version of code on WCS and WLC?

Are you adding this dynamic interface from WCS itself ( Configure > Controllers ) or from the WLC?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card