cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost of connection every time user logoff

nuno.santos
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Wireless NIC PI121G and everytime user logoff, NIC desassociates from AP and reach PC is no more possible (can not even ping). Is there any config on ACU utility or some limitation with these devices?

Thanks

Nuno

4 Replies 4

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

Just want to confirm the software on the PC. If you use PI21G, you should use ADU, not ACU.

Can you tell me what type of authentication do you use? If you use LEAP, there is a setting call "No Network Connection Unless User is Logged In"

If you are not using LEAP, you can use Microsoft's supplicant. You can configure Wireless Zero Configuration to control the behavior.

Hi,

i'm using open authentication only.

Are you suggesting to control WNIC with Microsoft? What do you mean with wireless zero config? Only open authentication and SSID?

Regards

Nuno Santos

The problem is solved.

Is a matter of drivers. After upgrade it to last driver version 1.2, NIC started to work fine!

Thanks anyway

Nuno Santos

When you install ADU, you will be asked to choose one of the followings:

Install Client Utilities and Driver (Recommended)

Install Driver Only

Make Driver Installation Diskette(s)

If you choose "Install Driver Only", you use Microsoft's wireless zero configuration. If you go to Administrative Tools and Services. There is a service called "Wireless Zero Configuration" If you start the service automatically, this may do the trick.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card