Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac Filtering Import

DAvelarNIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there was a way to import a large number of mac addresses into the MAC filtering of a Cisco WLC 4400. We recently purchased 150 new Mac laptops and I need to add them to the Mac filtering. I have 5 WLC's to do this to. If there is a process I sure would appreciate some steps on how to do this. I already have the MAC addresses and names in a spreadsheet.

Thanks!         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you have the Mac address, you can enter the mac address in the following command you can paste into the CLI of each wlc.

config macfilter add MAC_address wlan_id

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml#CLI-Config

If you don't know formulas that well using excel, attach your excel sheet an I will put it in another spreadsheet or text file so you can cut and paste into the CLI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you have the Mac address, you can enter the mac address in the following command you can paste into the CLI of each wlc.

config macfilter add MAC_address wlan_id

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml#CLI-Config

If you don't know formulas that well using excel, attach your excel sheet an I will put it in another spreadsheet or text file so you can cut and paste into the CLI.

-Scott

Thats what I needed. I was able to enter all the MAC's in a fraction of the time. A little editing in Excel and exporting to a CSV helped me achieve this in minimal time. Thanks for the reply and guidance!

Glad you got it working.

-Scott

Please kindly show me how you made this work.

I have a new wlc 5520 and I want to move all the MAC address filters I had on my wlc 2504 to the new wlc without having to manually

@DAvelarNIC wrote:

Thats what I needed. I was able to enter all the MAC's in a fraction of the time. A little editing in Excel and exporting to a CSV helped me achieve this in minimal time. Thanks for the reply and guidance!

input them as they are very large

Use "show macfilter summary" on your 2504 which will get you the list of MAC entries. Copy and paste them on a notepad then put them in following CLI syntax "config macfilter add MAC_address wlan_id" or use Excel to prepare CSV file.

Hope this helps

Jagan

Thank you so much
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card