Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC validation over RADIUS on Repeater

jorge_lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've deployed a WLAN using a root AP and some Repeaters (AP352). I've configured the the Ciscos to validate clients by MAC address, using a RADIUS. Is there any way to centralize authentication in the root AP. Now, I have to configure my radius with all the Repetaters as NAS, If I coulkd make the root AP to authenticate every client trying to access the network It would simplify RADIUS configuration

RADIUS <====> Root AP <======> Repeater AP <===== Client

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

The Radius Server itself is called centalized authentication facilityand the purpose of radius is to provide an authentication facility that involves less confusion. You can configure the Root AP with a local MAC list of devices that may associate, and with a static WEP key.

This is how it works:

The access point receives the authentication request and checks the local database of users to verify that the request is accompanied by a valid user name and password.If the user is not found on the local list, or if local authentication fails (User found, but incorrect password), the access point determines if a remote authentication server has been configured to handle authentication requests.

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch8.htm#1076671

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card