Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MACBOOK cannot ping gateway!

HI everyone; There is a problem.A MACBOOK associate to SSID,it's abnormal. the MACBOOK only can ping one icmp packet when it doesn't do a 802.1x auth. the MACBOOK can ping some icmp packets(eg. 10 icmp packets) when it do a 802.1x auth,and then,cannot ping gateway. I found a abbormal symptom that is the MACBOOK only sent Request packet to Server when it do a DHCP process.Before that,there is no Discovery and Offer Process. So,Did you meet the case?Please help me to analysis it.Thanks a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do you have WLC or using standlaone AP ?

Only one device has issue or many ?

please also paste the switchport configuration where WLC is connected!!! (if you have wlc)

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi its a WLC + LAP mode,only one Macbook have this issue,and the Macbook connect to other SSID with PSK auth on same AP,there is no problem.And it’s all ok before,so I think no problem on switch port,Is there any other suggestions?

But... The MACBOOK install a Windows OS.

I have a MacBook with some Windows VM and if the device has VM’s running, then you need to NAT the NIC. If you want the VM NICs to bridge into the wireless, you need to enable passive client in the WLAN. That is located in the SSID WLAN | Advanced tab. This is required on any device that runs a VM, including Windows laptop running Hyper-V, VM Workstation, etc.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott; Thanks for your response. The MACBOOK with Windows OS should be in physical device,not a VM.the device normal before three days ago.The only difference is that Radius sever have change a certificate.

As long as that has been verified, then it seems to me you found your possible issue, certificate. If the device is in the run state and the MacBook looses connectivity to the gateway, that is a 99% chance it is a NIC driver issue. I have a few buddies that run Windows on a MacBook, but now you have to rely on Windows to push the correct drive and function on hardware that wasn’t tested. I have both a MacBook Pro and a Surface Book 2 and run VM Workstation and VM Fusion with no issues. Find a usb NIC that supported and test to see if that one works better. That will definitely provide you an answer to if the device is the issue or not.
-Scott

Hi Scott; I have upgrade the NIC driver to last version,and try to reinstall OS,then can't resloved the issue. Your suggestion is good,i want to use a USB NIC to test next time. Thanks a lot!

No problem. I have seen devices that had bad NIC’s and or even bad antennas and the hardware team took them apart to fix. It’s hard to say that the wireless is the issue when other devices work fine except for one or two. It was the same sort of issue back in the days when I had a hackintosh:) I have a very new MacBook Pro model and the Windows VM flies. My peer also has the same model and has the same experience. I have ran Parallels and VM Fusion. Maybe it’s the users decision, but when I run mine on Unity, the Windows apps blend into the Mac. You can tell that I love mine:)
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card