cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management User for WLC through LDAP Possible?

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys, Just as the title says

Correct me if Im wrong:

Both TACACS+ and RADIUS can be used for management access to WLC right? 
Well how about for LDAP? (Actually my answer to this is "not possible" but I just want to make sure)

Soo, is LDAP for management access to WLC supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

If you look at the options when adding a radius or tacacs server on a WLC there is a check box for Management, this enable admins to login using radius or tacacs on each individual server, there is no option to do this with LDAP. When an admin successfuly logs in to a WLC using radius or tacacs the server wil send a specific response saying what the admin can do (read only/read write), LDAP can't as far as I'm aware do that.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

If you look at the options when adding a radius or tacacs server on a WLC there is a check box for Management, this enable admins to login using radius or tacacs on each individual server, there is no option to do this with LDAP. When an admin successfuly logs in to a WLC using radius or tacacs the server wil send a specific response saying what the admin can do (read only/read write), LDAP can't as far as I'm aware do that.

Hope this helps

Yeap, I was right, only TACACS+ RADIUS is supported for the mgmt.
Anyway, I'll recommend to our client to use RADIUS and their RADIUS polls their AD

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card