cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Many AP up n down

superlubis
Level 1
Level 1

my organization have wlc 4404 with more than 80 ap 1130, ap connected to switch not more than 50m copper cable, when i see wcs log i see often my ap down and up frequently with reason:unknown, what debug command i can use to resolve this problem ?

thx

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is all your AP's in the same location as the WLC? Is all your AP's or certain ones having this issue? What you can look at is if you click on an AP from the WLC, you can see the up time and the ap join time. If the up time is not long, then the ap might be loosing power. If the join time is short, maybe it's a network issue. Also check the switch logs.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i look at up time and join time like you advice, the uptime is the last time i restart the poe switch which is long time ago, but the join time is short only 1m 12 s. all ap in different floor. what do you mean with network issue ?

I would say so... check the log on the switch to see if there is anything there. Can you correlate which AP's you are having trouble with to a wiring closet? Also check the switch the wlc is connected to. Did this start happening or is this a new install.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card