cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mDNS not enabling on all APs

joeclarktx
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to enable mDNS on 6 APs.  I have enabled on the controller and the SSID, but two of the APs are showing a disabled status. is there some way to force the APs to enable mDNS?

Controller: 3504

Code: 8.10.162.0

APs: 9120

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you mean the ap is disabled 'completely'.      mdns is part of the controller configuration. You may provide screenshot for clarity.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

joeclarktx
Level 1
Level 1

I can provide more details, but this is what i see on the controller

Just re-read your comment, the APs are enabled, just the mDNS is showing disabled on 2 of the 6 APs

- Reboot those ap's , check if that can help.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I tried rebooting, didn't change anything. Also tried clearing the config, with no success.

- So the 6 ap's are all 9120 ?

M.

Of the 6 APs,

3 are 3802s, these are all ENABLED.

the other three, 1 is ENABLED, but the other two are DISABLED

- For the time being I  don't have anything more specific but always useful is a checkup of  the controller-configuration with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

M.

Thank you, i'll try it

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card