Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki based Guest WLAN not working with Iphone

f-cagica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have at a customer site one WLAN based on Meraki. Three SSIDs are configured: two corporate and one for guests. for the three SSIDs the authentication/authorization policies are enforced by the ISE (v3.3). The users attempting to get access to the "Guest" SSID should be redirected to a splash page on the ISE where they should accept the non disclosure agreement to have access granted to the internet (typical "hotspot"). The setup works correctly as expected with PCs, but not  with an Iphone. There the splash page doesn't get displayed at all. The Walled garden is correctly configured, we can see the redirection on a trace. Looking at the trace we can see that after the server (ISE) has exchanged its certificate, the iphone acknowledges and closes the connection (screenshot appended). The Server certificate is self-signed (should that be a problem?). I have tested a similar configuration on a test environment, in which instead of a Meraki AP i have a Cat9105 AP and it works fine with Iphone and Ipad.

does anyone has an idea, or already spotted this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

fcagica_0-1704999453993.png

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Advising to post here : https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/bd-p/wireless-lan

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

f-cagica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thanks for the repply, unfortunately it doesn't match. Going to install a CA signed SSL Certificate for the portal as per customer request, but not sure it will make a difference.

Fernando

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card