Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh MAP AP registration

rezende.c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a topology with two controllers 2016 and fifteen 1510 and 1522 access points.

I like know if a MAP mesh AP must discovery and register on the same controller that the its RAP is registered or if the MAP can register in a controller and its RAP in other.

thanks !

Claudio

2 Replies 2

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

first I presum you have a 2106 wlc (as the 2016 doesn't exist) which only has the capacity to support 6 APs, where you have 15 APs, MAPs do only class as half a licence once associated as to a RAP.

The only thing to note here is that you can only operate the 1522 and 1510 together when the 1522 are the RAPs, a 1522 would not associate to a 1510 map. make sure you add the Mac addresses to the mac filter in the wlc and it's also best practice to prime the APs prior to deploying the AP.

The other thing is to check the software version on the controller to see whether it supports the 1522 AP.

Good Luck

Hi,

Sorry, my controllers are realy 2106. I think use 4.1.192.35 mesh release that according to document support full interoperabilty between 1510 and 1522 Access Points.

In this mesh network I will have 2 RAPs and the others are MAP. So I need kwon if a MAP can register on the other controller that its RAP is register.

thanks !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card