Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh Wireless

rfuentes15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends!

Im designing a mesh network (outdoor) and i want to use some AP1552. I´ve seen this AP has 3 connectors N for antennas and i´d would like to know if i can put a sector antenna working in dual band (2,4/5GHz, 802.11N) and the other 2 connectors with omnidirectional antennas.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not with that model mesh AP. you need to stick with the three dual band antennas. I believe they will have a mesh ap that the 2.4 and the 5ghz will use separate radios that will allow for using a patch for the backhaul but that's not available yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi friend

The number part is:

AIR-CAP1552E-A-K9

Thanks!

Not with that model mesh AP. you need to stick with the three dual band antennas. I believe they will have a mesh ap that the 2.4 and the 5ghz will use separate radios that will allow for using a patch for the backhaul but that's not available yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Yes, you´re right, it comes1552EU with separate radios.

So it is suggested that you stick with the antenna configuration and not mix and match the antennas.  This would be the same for indoor.  Diversity doesn't work well if the antennas are mixed up.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thank you very much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card