cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone,As Cisco TAC engineer, I thought this medium is a good way to gather good opinions. So please leave a message saying what document you think is missing from cisco.com about Wireless products. Config examples, white papers, troubleshooting...

It seems this product was discontinued?What are people using out there with similar functionality?I never used this product but purportedly the readout was friendly so you did not have to be a RF engineer to understand it and make good use of it.If m...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On an autonomous 1131 AP, I'm working with someone else's config and trying to understand why a hold queue would be placed on this interface and if it is helpful or detrimental for this AP to have it enabled. interface FastEthernet0 no ip address no ...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On an autonomous 1131 connected to a Cisco 2960 swtich, these vlan names are defineddot11 vlan-name DEFAULT_VLAN vlan 1dot11 vlan-name Internet_Only vlan 999they are not used anywhere else in the config. Are they intended for local use only, or can t...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The Aironet 1130AG Series is available in: A lightweight version An autonomous version that can be field-upgraded to lightweight operation A single-band 802.11g version for use in regulatory domains that do not allow 802.11a/5 GHz operation Is this...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm planning to purchase couple of 1142N aironets, and would like to know if they support Root bridge & Access point and Non-root bridge & Access point modes simultaneously on different SSIDs.So the plan is to create wireless bridge between two...

assuming two ssids on both radios, such asdot11 radio0ssid Privatessid Publicdot11 radio1ssid Privatessid Publicdoes a given client--which is capable--automatically display/select the 5Ghz radio over the 2.4Ghz?Specifically, when the 5Ghz-capable-cli...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On an autonomous 1131, what is the effect of not having antenna gain set to 0?interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address no ip route-cache ! encryption mode ciphers tkip ! encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip ! ssid Private ! ssid Public ! mbssid s...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello allI am trying to configure the the PA for guest and secure local access. I am unsure on how to accomplish this on the AP541N Dual Band Single Radio AP. Is there a document out there.This is what I would like to doGuess comes in and be able to ...

Resolved! Wireless HomeLab

Dear all,I would very much appreciate if someone could assist me with my HomeLab setup. Currently, I have ordered one Cisco 871W wireless device and looking forward to other network component/s that support Cisco 871W to create a complete HomeLab. Th...

jtaisie by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card