cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express 8.10.196.0 Release Notes?

aironetlap
Level 1
Level 1

From this Release Notes, I cannot see any changes made in the latest release (8.10.196.0).

Many thanks!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It's new , Cisco has the usual habit   to come with that a little later ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Generic ME Release Notes now include 8.10.196.0.

Generally speaking any fix which goes into AireOS should also go into ME if it's a feature supported by ME (many are not because it's a cut-down version of AireOS) because they both come from the same AireOS code base.  Some of the fixes are actually in the AP code so will definitely be in both because the CAPWAP AP code is the same for ME and regular WLC. The bugs mentioned in the release notes are just the ones they've chosen to mention so I suspect they mostly tend to only mention the ME-specific issues in the ME release notes so probably best to read both for a more complete picture.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It's new , Cisco has the usual habit   to come with that a little later ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you marce1000. It is great to see Cisco keep maintaining the Mobility Express.

- Ok , but take for instance note of : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2700-series-access-point/eos-eol-notice-c51-738143.html
                       On the long run the 9800 based platforms are the way forward , 

M.

ME runs the controller on 2800/3800 the 2700 are subordinate APs I think ME is still relevant.

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

I found the 196 release notes by changing the version in the dropdown on the version 190 notes. Here’s a link to the 196 page:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn810mr11.html

Thanks eglinsky2012. It's a release note of WLC software instead of ME, but yeah, they may have applied the same patches.

Generic ME Release Notes now include 8.10.196.0.

Generally speaking any fix which goes into AireOS should also go into ME if it's a feature supported by ME (many are not because it's a cut-down version of AireOS) because they both come from the same AireOS code base.  Some of the fixes are actually in the AP code so will definitely be in both because the CAPWAP AP code is the same for ME and regular WLC. The bugs mentioned in the release notes are just the ones they've chosen to mention so I suspect they mostly tend to only mention the ME-specific issues in the ME release notes so probably best to read both for a more complete picture.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card