cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Downgrade Possible?

DW Hat
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2802 serving as a Mobility Express controller, with 2 2702's attached.  Using version 8.5.103 of the firmware, I'm having serious issues on the 5 GHz band of my SSID's with Mac OSX clients (constant disconnects, yet client shows connected to SSID).  Other devices (mix of iOS, Android, Windows) have no issues on the 5 GHz.  2.4 GHz band has no issues.

On version 8.4.100 of the Mobility Express firmware, I had zero issues with the 5 GHz band and OSX clients.

Is it possible to downgrade the Mobility Express controller and the AP's?

Thanks everyone.  

3 Replies 3

biaacer2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good to know, I'll test this with my Apple devices. 

And yes, you can downgrade to 8.4.100, feel free to use HTTP as transfer method for the downgrade. 

Thanks for replying; I downgraded to 8.4.100 (not using HTTP; physically took down the AP, hooking up console cable, saving the config, wiping the AP,  and transferring 8.4 via TFTP, the restoring config).  All of our issues went away.  

Hi

This is the first time i¨ve seen reports of the same issue as I and one collegue have been experiencing.

In my case I have a 1852, running 8.5.103 first, then upgraded to 8.5.105, and still had issues.

I have seen most of the problems on apple devices, my MacBook Pro, late 2016, lost connection to the netowork for up to 1 minutte. Even though the mac indicated i was connected to the correct AP, on 5Ghz with 798Mbits TX Speed. 

At first i thought it was a general problem, but when a WIndows PC was attached to the network ( no AC; but still 5Ghz) there was no issues for the time it was here.

I have done many customizations to the WLAN settings, trying to follow the best practixe advisor, without any luck. 

It got a lot better after switching of the 1702AP that was controlled by the 1852, then the major outages disapeared, but still there are speed and stability issues on the WLAN. So something is not right.

I am about to test out a Virtual WLC, to check if the ME is the root cause, but then i found this post when checking if it would be possible to downgrade the controller from 8.6 (i installed this yesterday, but that broke the 3500 support so no wifi in the garage)

Speed seems good with the 8.6 release on my iphone, but my macbook is not performing the same ( both were tested next to each other and only one AP is up atm)

So it seems fine right now, but it usually takes some time from the controller reboot until it starts getting bad.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card