Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Scenario - problems with 2802i

business0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

at the moment I have 2x 1852i deployed which are booth equiped with the ME firmware. One of the APs is my ME controller. I have a SmartNet for those APs and running the 8.5 firmware, also a TFTP is running with the images.

Now I want to add an additional 2802i which I bought with CAP firmware. Problem is, the AP connects to the ME controller and tries to download the firmware. I monitored it also via CLI and it seems that the 2802i is stuck in a update loop or something like that.

Any ideas what I can do? Do you want a CLI log?

16 Replies 16

Take a look at the matrix. It will show what code the ME controller needs to have to support other AP models.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-393660
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks, This is helpful.  I looking through the table, It appears that the image I currently have on the 2802i AP Is 8.2.110.0, but for AP software, I would need 15.3(3)JE.  

However, if I understand the table, I could also update the 2802i to the ME version 8.6.x.x and also upgrade the 1815i to 8.6.x.x  that I noticed was just released on Cisco .com.  But, I need to renew my service contract to download it.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card