cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobiltiy Express Bundle SmartNet

loud72
Level 1
Level 1

I was hoping someone could explain to me the different SmartNet options for the Mobility Express Bundles.  Last April I purchased a AIR-AP1702i-A-WLC bundle, which if you're not familiar includes 2ea 1700 AP's and 1ea 2504 WLC with a 25 AP license.  At that same time I added the CON-SNT-AIRPIALC service agreement to it, which for about 8 months allowed me access to software updates for both the APs and Controller. 

Fast forward to January and it's been a constant battle with Cisco Support to allow me access to the software I believe I have access to.  Most recently Support informed me that despite my contract for the Mobility Express Bundle they did not recognize the controller as a valid item covered under my contract for the bundle.

When checking the Cisco site they recommend the CON-SNT-AIRAP1WC for the Mobility Express Bundle.  However many websites, MacMall, CDW, etc, call out the CON-SNT-AIRIALC as the PN that covers the Bundle.

Has anyone else had such a horrific time with these Mobility Express Bundles and can someone tell me the difference between the CON-SNT-AIRPIALC & CON-SNT-AIRAP1WC SmartNet agreements?

Lou

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This was a yucky mess when it started.

I think you should be getting:

1 x CON-SNT-AIR25K9A  (covers controller)

2 x CON-SNT-AIRCAPBA (covers access points)

This answer may also vary based on geography.

Note that there may be a SmartNet bundle, and perhaps one of your two codes includes the two codes I gave - but I'm pretty confident the codes I gave are the actual component codes.

Thanks for the response.  The codes I gave were in fact the bundle support codes. If I used the individual component codes it would cost me more for 1 year than the entire bundle did.

Something is wrong then.  I use those codes, and there is no price difference.

I use those codes because the bundle code often screws up the SmartNet.  The individual codes allows you to register the individual serial numbers correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card