Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobilty Group and re-authentication

dcarr3311
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have to WLC's a 4402 and 5508   in a mobilty group. they are both running 7.0.116.0. They are configured to use Web Authentication. We are having complaints that Users are having to re-authenticate when moving around the office. My theory is they are moving from one WLC to the other and then requiring to re-authenticate. Is this what others are seeing? and is this working as designed.?

thanks for your help

Dan

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes sounds like it to me

Make sure the mobility groups have all your WLCs in it. Are your aps on both controllers or just one?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

AP's are split between both controllers.

Do you have enough room one 1 WLC for all the APs? If so, test your theory.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Did you try changing the IDLE timeouts and the session timeouts

I would do what nikhilcherian posted, because devices in the run state will be able to roam to another wlc (mobility and interface the same) without having to re-authenticate. But like George mentioned, test it out yourself... Don't listen to users:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card