cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving MAPs between two WCS system ?

MATS KARLSSON
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how I can move/copy maps between two WCS system.

I would like to move/copy from the top level "Campus View" down to building and floor and get my design and edited maps to an other WCS system.

(Or were I can read about it)

I have done design and proposals in one system and would like to take the solution in production in an other system and reuse the work I have done with a lot of maps in the first place.

Mats Karlsson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nico Seddig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mats,

i have the same Problem due to a misconfigure second campus and a misplaced map.

I need to move a map between the two campus.

I found a solution to export and import the regarding maps at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/maps.html#wp1338474

Exporting a Map

The Export Map feature allows you to export map or calibration information to XML. The exported XML will be in an encrypted format and will not be readable. XML and images are bundled, tarred, and zipped into a file for a successful import into another WCS.

To export a map, follow these steps:

Step 1 From the Monitor > Maps window, select the check box of the map that you want to export.

Step 2 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose Export Maps. The Export Map window appears.

Step 3 Select the maps that you want to export.

Step 4 Click Export to export the selected map data.

Importing a Map

The Import Map feature allows you to import map information from external sources such as XML, WLSE, and CSV. During import, the XML may be encrypted (if exported from WCS) or unencrypted.

To import a map, follow these steps:

Step 1 Choose Monitor > Maps.

Step 2 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose Import Maps. The Import Map window appears.

Step 3 Choose the map format.

Step 4 Select one of the following formats:

XML

AP/WiFi TDOA Receiver/Chokepoint Placement

WLSE Map and AP Location Data

Note The XML format option is available only to the root user.

Step 5 Click Next.

Step 6 Click Browse to select the file that you want to import.

Step 7 Click Import to import the selected data.

it is a late answer but hopfully it helps for future problems. I guess you already found a solution ;-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nico Seddig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mats,

i have the same Problem due to a misconfigure second campus and a misplaced map.

I need to move a map between the two campus.

I found a solution to export and import the regarding maps at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/maps.html#wp1338474

Exporting a Map

The Export Map feature allows you to export map or calibration information to XML. The exported XML will be in an encrypted format and will not be readable. XML and images are bundled, tarred, and zipped into a file for a successful import into another WCS.

To export a map, follow these steps:

Step 1 From the Monitor > Maps window, select the check box of the map that you want to export.

Step 2 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose Export Maps. The Export Map window appears.

Step 3 Select the maps that you want to export.

Step 4 Click Export to export the selected map data.

Importing a Map

The Import Map feature allows you to import map information from external sources such as XML, WLSE, and CSV. During import, the XML may be encrypted (if exported from WCS) or unencrypted.

To import a map, follow these steps:

Step 1 Choose Monitor > Maps.

Step 2 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose Import Maps. The Import Map window appears.

Step 3 Choose the map format.

Step 4 Select one of the following formats:

XML

AP/WiFi TDOA Receiver/Chokepoint Placement

WLSE Map and AP Location Data

Note The XML format option is available only to the root user.

Step 5 Click Next.

Step 6 Click Browse to select the file that you want to import.

Step 7 Click Import to import the selected data.

it is a late answer but hopfully it helps for future problems. I guess you already found a solution ;-)

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your answer and I found this my self later on.

But I learned that you need to logged in as root to get the full possibilities to export/import otherwise your get limitied functions.

Hi Mats,

indeed, you need root permissions ;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card