Views
Helpful
Replies

MS PEAP V2

ssumrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I have setup EAP type authentication using MS-PEAP V2, everything works fine. The issue is when using PEAP, users must authenticate before network connection is established. However, this introduces another issue, I cannot for example, push a virus while the machine is logged out. I don't want to use LEAP. I need to use a strong a safe method while allowing me pushing updates when machines are logged out. Ant assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Wow...The Valley Hospital...My daughter was born there...

Anyway you want to enable machine authentication for when the users are logged out. You can set it up to use machine credentials when the user is logged out and switch to the user credentials when the user is logged in or you can set it up to always use machine credentials all the time by some registry settings. This all assumes you are using the windows wireless zero config agent from microsoft.

Thank you very much taking the time and replying to my message. Are you from around this area? I'm glad to hear you daughter was born at Valley !!.

Back to the orginal question, where do I make the changes ? I assume on the ACS side. I didn't quite get the Microsoft Wireless Zero agent .

Thanks.

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Wow...The Valley Hospital...My daughter was born there...

Anyway you want to enable machine authentication for when the users are logged out. You can set it up to use machine credentials when the user is logged out and switch to the user credentials when the user is logged in or you can set it up to always use machine credentials all the time by some registry settings. This all assumes you are using the windows wireless zero config agent from microsoft.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card