cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE NMSP passes troubleshoot test, still inactive

tdorsey123
Level 1
Level 1

I have two WLCs (5508 - v7.0.220 and 2106 - v7.0.116) that were NMSP connected to a MSE (v7.0.201.204) according to WCS (7.0.172.0)

The MSE reloaded(Actually a reload command from WCS hung the MSE and it hard to be hard rebooted) and I ran into a NTP issue with the MSE running GMT timezone and WLCs running GMT -8.  This was highlighted by the NMSP status testing tool.  As a quick solution I changed both WLCs to GMT.  The tool now tests all green, but the NMSP status remains Inactive for both WLCs and I have no client or tag information flowing into WCS.

I know it's an odd collection of OS versions but it's all v7 right...:)

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you able to try and synch the WLC with the MSE?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

When I run the Synch it seems to execute properly.  It's an odd issue.

Just thought I would post it here that I had the same issue. I fix it by changing the MSE assignment with the Controller. You can find this at Services > Synchronize Services > Controllers. Check the controller, click on "Change MSE Assignment", then uncheck CAS, click Synchronize. Give it a few minutes and then do it again to turn CAS back on. Once I did this NMSP went active and clients started to show on my floor plans. 

This is what helped me with this issue. I hope it helps someone else as well.

Cheers!

Robert Stack

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card