cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Country Controller

karlitooo
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I only have US configured on my controllers. I need to add more countries codes to the list. I have a live environment. What should I look out for when adding additional country codes?

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Be aware that it's not recommended to enable multi-country because this will NOT ensure you that your APs will either join the controllers or your radios will be enabled.   This is not a Cisco "thing".  This is common sense.  

Some regulatory domains conflict with, for example, the regulatory domain in the US.  So common sense dictate that you only enable channels and frequencies that are COMMON to all countries.  Take me, for instance, I am suppose to use "-N" or "-Z" Regulatory Domain but I have two APs that were ordered by mistake and they are "-A".   

The "-A" APs join the controller but 802.11a radio is permanently disabled.  

The recommdation for multi-country or multi-domain controllers is still the same:  DON'T.  Get multiple controllers and bunch up the APs based on the Regulatory Domains.

Thanks!

Is there a cisco document / best practices that discourages enabling multi-country on the controllers?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card