cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 access points flickering the LED

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

We got 6 AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 APs connected to same module of the switch is having LEDs flickering, but all are showing as registered in WLC and there is no logs in the switch also. But AP is not working for clients.

What could be the possible reasons . APs are getting POE from switch and it is showing good

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

Gi2/0/4 auto on 26.1 AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 0 60.0
Gi2/0/5 auto on 26.1 AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 4 60.0
Gi2/0/7 auto on 26.1 AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 4 60.0

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Arshad Safrulla wrote:

1. Faulty cabling - You can start with TDR test. I would also check the patch panels and face plates to make sure that the cables are connected properly. you may thank @Leo Laohoo for this article How to use Time-Domain Reflectometer (TDR) - Cisco Community

Any switch on IOS-XE, particularly running 16.X.X and 17.X.X, TDR is broken.  Any test results are no longer accurate nor reliable.

(Above)  Pair "A" distance is (significantly) more than Pairs B, C and D.(Above)  Pair "A" distance is (significantly) more than Pairs B, C and D.

(Above)  Pair A & B distance is "0".(Above)  Pair A & B distance is "0".

View solution in original post

># sh cdp nei Gig 2/0/7 det
                                     >....Power drawn: 15.400 Watts

- That seems incorrect (indeed) needs 16W or above , I also notice : Cisco AP Software, ap3g3-k9w8 Version: 8.5.137.98  , I would advise to upgrade the controller , check https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html  , which will also upgrade (or sync) the access point software. Check if the problem remains in place or not.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Agreed with a number of other comments - you're running old, special code so should be running an up to date supported release for a start.

But regardless of that: "Also when connect the same AP into a different switch module it worked ,but not on this module"

Therefore the problem is the switch - check your switch port configurations.  If the configs are correct and you haven't changed anything else on the switch then you probably have a hardware failure so open a TAC case and RMA the switch.

45 Replies 45

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the WLC on?

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

AIR-CT8510-K9 WLC with firmware 8.5.137.98

I am not able to provide any assistance because the WLC is on a very old engineering "special" release.  

I would, however, recommend to a later release, like 8.5MR6 or something.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Reboot one of these access points and just after boot , connect to it and issue the command show logging , watch for issues reported.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to remote access the AP ip from switch other than console 

Telnet or SSH

I tried, its not happening.

T1-EBS008-N5-NXDS-200-111# telnet 10.25.210.228 23 source 10.25.210.2 vrf CAN-WIRELESS
Trying 10.25.210.228...

By default, telnet and SSH access to the AP is disabled.  

So the only option is to console to the AP directly

@rakesh nair wrote:

So the only option is to console to the AP directly

No.  That is not what I said.

By default, telnet and SSH access to the AP is disabled.  

HINT:  Look at the controller.  Monitor > All APs > Detail > click the AP > Go to the Advanced Tab.  

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

Also when connect the same AP into a different switch module it worked ,but not on this module

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

rakeshnair_0-1669983909733.png

What happens if telnet or SSH box is ticked?

rakesh nair
Level 1
Level 1

Post enabling telnet and SSH , telnet is not working , but ssh is working, but not able to see anything

rakeshnair_0-1669993298575.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card