Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Mobility Anchors

rgreville666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m struggling to find an answer for this one, please can someone point me in the direction of a document?

I have a four 5508 controllers. One in Office A, One in Office B and TWO in the DC (Where our internet edge is present)

Office A and B are within the same Campus and there is AP coverage the reaches between the offices, these controllers are part of the same mobility group as user walk between the offices, this mobility group is called (MOB-AB)

The two WLC's in the DC are also in their own separate mobility group (MOB-DC) These controllers have no AP's landing on them as there used to anchor our internet only Guest SSID (GUESTWIFI)

The question I have is how do you put a preference on a EOIP tunnel? If I wanted to take one of the DC WLCs out of production how can I make all the office WLCs only use the path to a single DC WLC

Now I know I can just delete it via the GUI but there must be a graceful way to do this, or a way to set a preference?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RG

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RG,

You don't specify which tunnel to use.  The WLC will load balance between them so as not to overload a particular anchor.

If you take one of the WLC down, power down, shut the interface(s), they will detect that the WLC is down and will send all the traffic to the one that is still up.

Cheers,

Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers  your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so  other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Andrew Betz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add:

Auto-anchor mobility will round robin clients if more than one anchor is enabled on a WLAN.

Best,

Drew

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: