cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SSID on AP managed by 9800CL

roo54
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure a C9800CL controller (or any 9800, for that matter) so that the APs each run with 2-3 SSIDs. I can create setups that work with a single SSID/WLAN per AP, but I can't see how to set up more than 1 SSID per AP.

Any Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Create 2 policy tags and assign SSIDs that you want. after this assign policy tag A to AP A and policy tag B to AP B.

Configuration Model for Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controller - Configuring Tags [Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers] - Cisco

wireless tag policy PolicyTag_A
wlan WLAN_SSID_A policy PolicyProfile_A

wireless tag policy PolicyTag_B
wlan WLAN_SSID_B policy PolicyProfile_B

ap XXX_A
policy-tag PolicyTag_A

ap XXX_B
policy-tag PolicyTag_B

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi MHM,

I've been into the document you suggest but I cant find where it tells me how to get more than 1 SSID on each AP. Apologies, but could you provide detail (either of the relevant part of the document or in words simple enough even for me to grasp....the old 5500 series was easy compared to this!)

Thanks

friend follow steps in this guide for these new two wlan (ssid) and in step of AP profile add these wlan to AP 
MHM

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Create 2 policy tags and assign SSIDs that you want. after this assign policy tag A to AP A and policy tag B to AP B.

Configuration Model for Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controller - Configuring Tags [Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers] - Cisco

wireless tag policy PolicyTag_A
wlan WLAN_SSID_A policy PolicyProfile_A

wireless tag policy PolicyTag_B
wlan WLAN_SSID_B policy PolicyProfile_B

ap XXX_A
policy-tag PolicyTag_A

ap XXX_B
policy-tag PolicyTag_B

RoadRunner4K, thanks for the quick response, but I want 2 (or more) SSIDs from 1 AP. I think what you suggest will mean AP-A delivers SSID-A and AP-B delivers SSID-B, which where I am now. I want to be able to have AP-A radiate SSIS A, SSID-B, etc

Then you just add more WLAN + Policy profile to that TAG. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/newconfigmodel/b_catalyst-9800-configuration-model/m_configuring-wlans.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Catalyst 9800 101 Series EP2 : Basic WLAN Design Workflow (youtube.com)

This video should also demonstrate how to work with WLANs and Policy tags. and accomplish what you seach.

roo54
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys, I got it working in the Lab....It was just me being dense, so I gave as many thumbs-up as I could to all responses and accepted the response that got me working as the solution. Another problem "between chair and screen" I fear....Thanks for your patience

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card